An Ode to My Father

An Ode to My Father

-My Friend,Philosopher and Guide

ILAKKUVANAR MARAIMALAI , Yahoo! Contributor Network
May 1, 2009 "Contribute content like this. Start Here.


My dear Father!
You remain in my memory for ever;
How can I forget you?
The rhythm of my heart
Pronounces every second your name!
The sun that refreshes me
Reminds me your face full of grace!
When compared to your noble character
The tall Himalayan mounts
Diminish like a dwarf;
The flow of Niagara falls
Reminds me, how you will rush to help,
People in distress;
Roaring thunders
Always try to imitate your
Loud protests against the rulers,
who denied, our linguistic human rights;
You started an agitation to protect our language, Tamil,
Fearless about the atrocious government;
They imprisoned you twice;
You were dismissed from your Professor post
Several times;
I am sorry people are ignorant of your dedicated life;
You functioned as a 'One man' army
Against the imposition of Hindi in Tamilnadu;
Politicians reaped the benefits;
You were neglected;
I am sure, in future,
Historians will record your life,
Full of dedication for the cause of language,
Neglecting material pleasure,
Striving for success in the right path,
To elevate and upgrade our language, Tamil,
In all spheres.
Published by ILAKKUVANAR MARAIMALAI
1 MARAIMALAI ILAKKUVANAR Telephone: 044-2615 3561 Mobile:9445407120 E-Mail: maraimalai@yahoo.com   View profile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

பல்துறையில் பசுந்தமிழ் : அறிவியல்தமிழ் 3/8 – கருமலைத்தமிழாழன்

பகுத்தறிவுப் பகலவன் பாவேந்தர் பாரதிதாசன் – கூடலரசன் bharathidasan spl.issue